The parents of a Victorian teenager who died on school camp say they are concerned Australian schools and the wider community are failing to realise that food allergies can kill.
A Victorian Coroner found Melbourne’s prestigious Scotch College had failed in its duty to ensure 13-year-old Nathan Francis’s health and welfare.
The peak support group for allergy sufferers, Anaphylaxis Australia, says a national approach to allergy education is desperately needed.
It is urging the Federal Government to step in to address what it says is the “chaotic” implementation of guidelines designed to protect children with severe food allergies. (more…)