Your cart is empty✖
Your cart is empty
A normal, healthy heart regulates your heartbeat. What happens when your heart does not beat normally? A pacemaker may solve the problem. You can live normally with a pacemaker. However, caretakers and medical professionals need to know about it. A pacemaker bracelet is the ideal accessory to alert others.
A pacemaker is a small device. It is implanted under the skin of the chest. This compact device sends electrical impulses to the heart muscle. When it sends an impulse, the heart beats. It creates a normal rate and rhythm.
This instrument has two basic parts: the pulse generator and the leads.
Summer is here! This is the time of year when the weather invites you to leave the indoors. As the sun shines strong, it’s time to plan your family trips and outdoor activities! If you love the feel of sand in your toes and ocean spray on your cheeks, head for the beach to sunbathe or play water sports. Are you a nature lover who yearns to enjoy the fresh air all day and night? If so, pack your tents and journey to your favourite camping grounds! However, no matter what type of summer outing is on your agenda, fully equipped first aid kits are a necessity.
Regardless of how you take holiday, there are many basic items to pack in all first aid kits. For both children and adults, climbing through rugged terrain may lead to falls, scrapes and cuts. You need to be prepared to clean and bandage small wounds safely.
SYDNEY – Wednesday 29 September, 2010 – Australian company, Mediband, developers of the Mediband range of medical ID wristbands and Mediband Plus medical information portal are pleased to announce that they have been selected as finalists in the Australian Institute of Export Premier's NSW Export Awards. The Premier’s NSW Export Awards are designed to showcase the State’s top exporters and by doing so, promote them as role models, encouraging other businesses to strive for the same levels of success in world markets.
“It’s such an accolade to be nominated as a finalist in the Emerging Exporter category. We’re just thrilled to be selected as a finalist in such a prestigious awards program, which does so much to promote the achievements made by Australian companies in the ever increasing export marketplace,” commented Michael Randall, Managing Director and Co-founder of Mediband.
“With so many Australians dying each year as a result of allergic reactions, anaphylactic shock, heart attacks, incorrectly administered drugs and other preventable medical conditions, we feel sure that Mediband’s range of medical ID ‘alert’ products can go a small way to preventing deaths in Australia, but also in other countries around the world,” he added.
Blood thinners are medications that are prescribed to patients who are at risk of suffering from strokes and heart attacks. Blood thinner medicines prevent blood from clotting and are helpful in treating some types of heart disorders.
You may need blood thinners if:
There are two common types of blood thinners available—anticoagulants and antiplatelet drugs. Antiplatelet drugs prevent thrombotic cerebrovascular and cardiovascular diseases by inhibiting blood clot formation. These drugs don’t allow platelets to adhere to one another, thereby reducing the formation of blood clots. Aspirin, clopidogrel, prasugrel, and Ticlopidine are the most commonly prescribed antiplatelet medications.
Dairy intolerance, also known as dairy insensitivity or lactose intolerance, is the reduced ability of the body to digest milk sugars. In some instances, intolerance arises when the body develops an allergy to a milk protein known as casein.
Genetic factors also largely influence dairy intolerance. People of North European descent have only a 25% chance of developing the condition, while the rest have a 75% chance. Although a vast majority of the population suffer from this disorder, they may not be aware of it. They often end up confusing the symptoms of dairy intolerance with other medical conditions.